Welcome to our niche ideas directory where we list and briefly explain many niches for a new blog or website.
This is not an exhaustive list. There are more niches out there. We will add more.
About the My Rating scores:
1 = Worst / 10 = Best.
My ratings are based on potential and ease. I do my best to keep personal preferences out of it.
The “My Rating” scores should not be blindly followed. I have biases and just because I score a niche low does not mean it cannot become a successful blog. In fact, if a niche is something you’re very passionate about, go for it if the potential revenue works for you. For example, I’m not too fond of sports-oriented niches because they’re both seasonal and the content isn’t all that evergreen. However, if you’re a sports fanatic, go for it.
I award a perfect 10/10 to very few niches because there aren’t many perfect niches. Most have problems of one sort or another. Do not choose a niche based on my ratings. In fact, I’m not in all niches I rate 10/10.
Search volume and keyword difficulty score sources:
All keyword search volume and keyword difficulty figures are via Ahrefs. Please keep in mind that Ahrefs is likely not 100% accurate and therefore should be used as a guideline only. Moreover, I don’t offer keyword search volume for all the keywords in the niche. Just the main keyword. Each niche has hundreds or thousands or even tens of thousands of viable keywords so don’t decide on a niche by search volume for one seed keyword.
I hope you find this niche ideas directory helpful.
For monetization ideas, see 47 ways to monetize a website.
Table of Contents
- Baby Niche
- Beauty Niche
- Business Niche
- Car Review Niche
- Careers Niche
- Crochet Niche
- DIY Niche
- Fashion Niches
- Fitness Niche
- Gaming Niche
- Health Niches
- Kitchen Gadgets Niche
- Lifestyle Niches
- Local Blog
- Marketing Niches
- Mommy Blog Niches
- Movie Review Niche
- Parenting Niche
- Pet Niches
- Quilting Niche
- Religion Niches
- Sewing Niche
- Sneaker Niche
- Sports Niches
- Baseball Niche
- Content Curation Blog
- Food Niches
- Photography Niche
- Product Review Niche
- Running Niche
- Tech Niches
- Travel Niche
- Wedding Niche
- Celebrity Net Worth
Filter your niche search
- "Baby": 226,000 monthly searches
- Keyword difficulty:
- "Beauty": 230,000/month with KD 50
- "Hairstyles" 240,000/month with KD 33
- "Makeup": 167,000/month with KD 63
- "Nail art": 65,000/month with KD 31
- "Wrinkles": 12,000/month with KD 53
- "Acne": "100,000/month with KD 85
- "Business": 364,000 monthly searches
- Keyword difficulty: 90 (that's a tough one)
- Google trends: Flat
- Industry blog such marketing tips for lawyers. This includes business sites like Fat Stacks which is in the "how to blog" niche.
- Business news like Businessinsider.com (one of my favorite sites).
- Finance-oriented site such as investing or personal finance.
- Real estate investing.
- Careers niche.
Car Review Niche
- "Car reviews": 21,000 Monthly searches.
- Keyword difficulty: 60
- Not all that evergreen: New cars come out all the time so the lifespan of successful content is limited. People don't care all that much about a 2011 Ford Focus any more except for the used car market. This is my biggest beef with this niche.
- Lots of local competition: Not only do you compete with the big car review websites, you also compete with local dealership websites and local online newspapers who often cover vehicles.
- It's not easy test driving every vehicle: Let's say you focus on Toyota vehicles... unless you make a deal of some sort, I can't imagine your local Toyota dealership will let you test drive everything. Of course, you may be able to work out a deal where you promote them, but otherwise, it might be awkward asking to test drive 15 cars in a month.
- "Careers" monthly searches: 86,000 / Keyword difficulty: 28
- "How to become a paralegal" monthly search volume: 8,100 / keyword difficulty: 9 / CPC: $20
- "Crochet": 112,000 monthly searches
- Keyword Difficulty: 48
- Google Trends: Upward trajectory
- "DIY": 181,000 monthly searches
- KD: 55
- Google trend: Upward trajectory
- First, you can curate content into listicles. It involves plenty of outreach and it's hit and miss.
- Second, you could do a tons of DIY projects, record them with photos and video and publish them.
- Third, you could hire/pay/invite people to submit their DIY work to your site.
- DIY crafts
- DIY room decor
- DIY home improvement
- DIY beauty.
- DIY Halloween / Christmas / Valentine's Day / Easter
- "Fashion": 138,000 monthly searches / 79 KD
- "Clothing": 297,000 monthly searches / 53 KD
- Build a following: What I love about the fashion niche/topic is that you can build a very loyal following if you're good at showcasing apparel and accessories. This is one niche where Instagram can work wonders.
- Easy to create content: All you need to do is wear great outfits, take photos and videos and publish them. Very easy if you look great doing it and/or have a knack for putting outfits together.
- Lots of affiliate opportunities: You can promote most apparel with affiliate links.
- Plenty of audiences: You can go after specific audiences that fit your style, age, look, etc.
- Plenty of sub-niches to cover: accessories, dresses, shoes, athletic wear, etc.
- Need the right look: You need to be stylish. You need to be able to get readers to follow you and like your style. If you can do this, it's a terrific niche.
- "Fitness": 101,000 monthly searches
- Keyword difficulty: 60
- Google trends: Stable
- It's very good for email marketing.
- Does well in search (lots of long tail keywords) and social media.
- You can sell courses and/or promote many courses and products (supplements and equipment) as an affiliate.
- Video is a viable traffic source. Even podcasts work.
- Huge potential audience.
- While I typically like broad sites (multiple niches), I suggest you narrow your topic down to the area of fitness you pursue. While sites the Greatist manage to do well as a broad fitness site, I believe you have a better shot niching down.
- You need to be legit. Cranking out regurgitated articles won't do it. You need to write well and know what you're talking about.
- It's very competitive. There are many well established and excellent fitness websites. You need to establish a voice/brand to break into it in any meaningful way.
- "video games": 182,000 monthly search volume
- KD: 72
- Google trends: Slightly downward
Kitchen Gadgets Niche
- "kitchen gadgets": 14,000
- Keyword density: 24
- travel etc.
- Travel (things to do, restaurant/hotel reviews, local information)
- Local news: Politics, crime, business, sports etc.
- "Marketing": 130,000 monthly searches
- Keyword difficulty: 76
Mommy Blog Niches
- Many topics and sub-niches you can cover without alienating your audience.
- Defined audience.
- Engaged audience.
- Huge traffic potential.
- Terrific display ad and affiliate commission revenue potential.
- Must be able to inject personality to connect with the audience.
- There are lots of mommy blogs out there - must stand out.
- Are you still interested when you kids grow up?
Movie Review Niche
- "Movie Reviews" search volume: 73,000 / month
- Keyword difficulty: 68
- Google trend: Downward trajectory
- "Parenting": 20,000 monthly search volume
- Keyword Difficulty: 72
- Google Trends: Slight decline
- Dogs: 545,000 monthly search volume / KD: 62
- Cats: 600,000 monthly search volume / KD: 75
- Parrots: 25,000 monthly search volume / KD: 32
- Hamsters: 31,000 monthly search volume / KD: 22
- Fish tank: 46,000 / KD: 22
- Search volume for "quilting": 20,000 / month
- Keyword difficulty: 20
- Google trend: slightly downward
- Organic search
- Email marketing
- Affiliate promotions (including Amazon);
- AdSense / display ads
- Sell finished quilts
- Sell patterns
- "Christianity": 82,000 monthly searches / KD: 81
- "Islam": 147,000 monthly searches / KD: 87
- "Judaism": 89,000 monthly searches / KD: 42
- "Catholicism": 36,000 monthly searches / KD: 63
- "Buddhism": 193,000 monthly searches / KD: 57
- "Hinduism": 106,000 monthly searches / KD: 31
- "Sewing": 34,000 monthly searches.
- Keyword difficulty: 26
- Fashion: Design and sew your own apparel... this can be huge and fun. This would be my preferred approach if I knew how to sew and design.
- Crafting niche: Sewing kinda falls into the crafting niche so you could start with sewing site but scale up with more popular crafting topics and DIY topics.
- "Sneakers": 118,000 monthly searches
- Keyword difficulty: 35
- "Sports": 1,980,000 monthly searches
- Keyword difficulty: 98
- Google Trends: Stable
- Huge search volume: Sports is hugely popular
- Daily interest with audience: During pre-season, regular season and playoffs, your core audience will be very engaged daily or at least weekly.
- Fun: If you follow a particular sport religiously, why not blog about it. Yes, it's a news-
- Seasonal: In the off-season, your traffic will drop off badly unless you come up with content that people are interested in during the off-season.
- Not very evergreen: Content isn't very evergreen which means you need to stay on top of the latest news which is a treadmill. With the right systems in place once you're established, this could be handled without you going crazy. There are also evergreen topics you can cover such as listicles and historical angles that could pull in traffic in the long term.
- "Baseball" monthly search volume: 361,000
- "Baseball" Keyword Difficult: 90
- Google Trends: Steady over the years, seasonal
- How to play, hit, field, pitch, steal bases, etc.
- Baseball league coverage
- Baseball player coverage (quasi celeb website)
- Baseball team coverage
- Baseball for kids
Content Curation Blog
- "Recipes": 468,000 monthly searches / 76 KD
- "Cooking": 77,000 monthly searches / 87 KD
- "Baking": 31,000 monthly searches / 56 KD
- Unbelievable high number of keywords (long tail included).
- Easy to create really great content (text, photos and videos).
- Great for Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube for secondary traffic sources (Google search being the best potential traffic source).
- Great email potential (for sending readers back to the blog).
- Plenty of sub-categories and angles to approach this broad topics.
- Need to experiment with different recipes and come up with something unique.
- Very competitive.
- Not very good affiliate marketing potential.
- "Photography": 217,000 monthly searches
- Keyword difficulty: 22
- Google trends: Stable
Product Review Niche
- Search volume depends on the product line(s) you cover. Varies dramatically.
- Keyword difficulty also varies dramatically depending on product line.
- Product A vs. Product B
- Buying Guides
- Best of product(s)
- Product reviews
- Product related informational content.
- High potential revenue with not much content or traffic;
- Focus on promotion and less on cranking out content;
- Loads of long tail content to rank for;
- Keywords are pretty obvious; and
- Great for people who like SEO.
- Boring to publish;
- Must update regularly as new products enter the market;
- Must go beyond "review" content because merchants rank for those with customer reviews;
- Consider any seasonal aspects of potential product lines (i.e. baseball bats); and
- Larger than average investment because you should buy many of the products.
- "Running": 132,000 monthly searches
- KD: 53
- Gadgets: smartphones, laptops, apps, tablets, accessories, consumer electronics, etc.
- Software: Whoa, so many options here that are so good. I've always done well promoting software. That's why I rate a tech blog so highly. Most of my niche sites include a software/tech angle.
- News: Tech news about tech companies and innovation
- Investment: You could do an investment website focusing on tech companies.
- Fun niche: You have to travel to do justice to this niche. If you enjoy/can travel, it can be a ton of fun earning money while globe-trotting.
- Start local: Local keywords abound and you can start in your own backyard covering restaurants, attractions, accommodations. This way you wouldn't have to travel and yet thoroughly cover a location. Eventually you'd have to branch out to get serious traffic unless you live in New York City or some other popular travel destination.
- Stiff competition: The travel booking sites rank really well and cover so many keywords it's not easy to break into this niche. You'd be wise to choose an angle and deep-dive into it. An angle could be a region or a type of travel.
- Must be patient: It takes a while to gain traction in this competitive environment and you'll need to publish content that's unique and that people will want to read. Most people interested in traveling review travel booking sites and travel review sites like Trip Advisor.
- Low affiliate potential: Yes, you can promote travel booking sites, but conversion is low unless you rank for a great "booking intent" keyword. You can also promote travel accessories and gear, which could be great, but again conversion would be low unless you ranked for the right "intent" keywords.
- "Wedding" monthly search volume: 141,000
- "Wedding" Keyword Difficult: 85
- Google Trends: Slight downward trend. Strong seasonality.
- This niche can be covered from many angles including dresses, food, hair, nails, rings, photography, venues, travel, fitness, DIY etc. It's one of those niches with cross-categorization.
- Pinterest can be a good source of traffic.
- There are a lot of high search volume keywords (which come with plenty of competition), but proves it's a hugely popular niche.
- Plenty of affiliate marketing opportunities.
- Seasonal: Search traffic ramps up on in the spring, peaks and starts dropping fast. I don't care for seasonal niches.
- Competitive: There are a lot of merchants and local service providers that target many of the keywords.
- High audience turnover: Your individual audience members will lose interest as soon as the wedding is held. Don't expect a long term loyal audience. On the flip side, there are just as many new individuals becoming interested each year that leave.
Celebrity Net Worth
- "Donald Trump Net Worth": 165,000 monthly search volume / Keyword Difficulty: 18
- "Bill Gates Net Worth": 153,000 / KD: 43
- "Drake Net Worth": 94,000 / KD: 9
- "Beyonce Net Worth": 87,000 / KD: 20
- "Pewdiepie net worth": 84,000 / KD: 10
- "Jay Z Net Worth": 82,000 / KD: 14
- Google Trends: big upward trajectory
- You're copying other sites... the primary source usually is Forbes who does the research.
- You're going toe-to-toe on keywords with established publications, although with a little creativity you can find different keyword angles.
- You must update the data regularly
Questions / Suggested Niches? Leave a Comment Below