Information we may collect
We may collect the following information:
- first and last name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we collect
We collect this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Additionally, we collect this information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or postal mail. We may use the information to customize our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access to your information, we have put in place physical, electronic, and operational procedures to secure the information we collect online.
fatstacksblog.com Facebook App
fatstacksblog.com and its affiliated Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/fatstacksblog) uses a Facebook developer’s app that collects Facebook profile data (name and email) when, and only when you are offered a screen to “Continue as ‘Your Name'”.
The above-mention screen appears as followed (“Jon” will be replaced with your name or whomever the Facebook profile name is that is used at the time of activating the Facebook app):
By clicking the “Continue as ‘Your Name’”, you agree to have fatstacksblog.com collect your name and email to be placed into an email autoresponder database. You can remove your data from the email autoresponder database at any time.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps to analyze web traffic or let you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic, so that we can improve our website and tailor it to the needs of our customers and visitors. We only use this information for analytical purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Cookies allow us to provide you with a better user experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to enable or disable cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to disable cookies if you prefer. Disabling cookies, however, may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you are asked to fill in a form on a website, look for a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want your information to be shared with any other company for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to have a company contact you, for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to that company or “opting out” of their emails.
We will not sell, distribute, or rent your personal information to third parties unless we have your expressed permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. (A small fee will be payable). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.