Let’s jump straight to July’s numbers…
The usual monthly DISCLAIMER: This income report does NOT include revenue or expenses from. I only include revenue and expenses from my other sites. It’s not helpful for you for me to tell you how much I make telling you how much I make.
All figures are in USD.
- Niche Site 1 Revenue: $37,428
- Niche Site 2 Revenue: $5,867
- Niche Site 3 Revenue: $2,443
- Niche Site 4 Revenue: $735
- Niche Site 5 Revenue: $38
- Niche Site 6 Revenue: $44
- Niche Site 7 Revenue: $14
While my content orders were once again sizeable, I’m allocating the lion’s share of that content to my top 4 niche sites. The bottom 3 don’t get much content at all – kind of kicking them along for now.
Total Revenue all 7 sites: $46,569 (June 2019 revenue was: $51,706)
Expenses for all niche sites
I lump together all expenses for all 7 niche sites because it’s difficult, impractical and unhelpful to spend the time allocating each expense to each site.
- ShortPixel: $1,229 (I invested big into optimizing a lot of images and converting most to WebP using ShortPixel across all my niche sites in July.
- Kinsta hosting: $1,782
- Amazon AWS (still host some images on this): $166
- AWeber: $552
- VAs: $3,130
- Cloudflare: $23
- Techsmith (Jing storage): $8
- Ahrefs: $179
- Shutterstock photos: $800
- istockphoto: $299
- Quickbooks: $10
- Jotform: $40
- Tailwind: $84
- MeetEdgar: $50
- Elink.io: $15
- Grammarly: $45
- OptinMonster: $99
- LeadPages: $79
- Clearscope: $480
- Human Proof Designs KGR Pack: $49
Total expenses for 7 niche sites: $9,119
Net Income: $37,450 USD
Content investment in July 2019
I got a little carried away with content orders in July. Hiring a new columnist plus placing a huge CDP order ended up costing probably more than I’ve ever invested in content. Here’s the breakdown:
- Content Development Pros: $8,301
- Writer Access: $10,822
- Textbroker: $1,600 (I use Textbroker when I need something specific in a day or two).
Total content investment for July 2019: $20,723
Net income after content investment: $16,727 USD
I explain here why I extract content cost from expenses.
Here are a few screenshots that formed a significant part of my ad revenue in July 2019: